Start a Reading Centre – Workshop
What is a reading centre?
A reading centre is an allocated area or medium sized room in a nursery school or home with a variety of books for young children to read under the supervision of a teacher, parent, or reading assistant. Gustro Book Centre is partnering with nursery schools and parents to promote reading centres.
What does a reading centre offer?
1. A variety of stories, Early learning books, Songs and Rhymes, Touch and Feel, Board books, Imaginative Play, Discovery books, Interactive, Phonics, Routine books and Flash cards, etc.
2. Story time – We read step by step to your children.
3. Reading time – Every child chooses a book to read.
4. Did your child understand the story? Question and answer time.
5. Plays and drama – Children present characters and themes from stories.
6. Drawing, colouring ,workbook activity and extra reading books – Available for parents to purchase.
What do children gain at a reading centre?
Children will be able to enjoy reading different books, expand their English vocabulary, improve their speech, explore, discover and be confident to discuss themes and topics based on their experience.
Come join us and help your young student improve on his/her reading skills.
Please register at Gustro Book Centre to attend the workshop for training to start a reading centre of your own.
Discounts for packages with an assortment of readers available.
Workshop dates are as below.
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 Time : 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday November 16th, 2017 Time : 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday November 17th, 2017 Time : 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Contact: Gustro Book Centre; Plot No. 355, Kibuga Block 2, Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road, Next to Shell Petrol Station, Old Kampala; Phone No. 0778282323; 0414 251467.
We are located 2 minutes away from Multitech Business School Heading to Old Kampala Mosque before Daily Loaf Bakery next to Shell Petrol Station, Old Kampala.